ASDAN (Award Scheme Development and Accreditation Network) is a student focused program which promotes personal and social development. ASDAN originated in the United Kingdom and aims to prepare students for life after school by developing independent living and communication skills through personalised learning.
ASDAN – Middle School
- Stepping Stones 2 and New Horizon – Year 7
- Transition Challenge (2 Modules) – Year 8
- Transition Challenge (3 Modules) – Year 9
ASDAN – Senior School: Year 10-12
- Towards Independence:
- Work Awareness
- Personal Care Sensory
- Recognising and Using Everyday Sign
- Independent Living Introduction
ASDAN Short Course
- Challenges in Personal and Economic Wellbeing, Social, Health and Ethical Skills
Students progress through each award and receive an accredited ASDAN certificate when they complete the award. All senior school ASDAN courses are SCSA endorsed programs and when completed results are recorded on student’s WASSA and/or WACE. Further information on ASDAN courses can be found at the ASDAN Website.